Monday, April 16, 2012

Neuschwanstein ?

I posted this in anothee thread but it got lost.





We were planning to spend the night in Hohenschwangau arriving around 3pm (May 25) give or take. Can we buy tickets for the next morning when we arrive? What I want to do is buy the family Bavaria pass (for the castles etc) and I don%26#39;t know if/how to do that online and book reservations. Also if the planets are alligned, and we arrive early, I%26#39;d like to see about doing the tour the afternoon we arrive if they are not sold out, but obviously would not reserve for that time in case we are delayed. Thanks




|||



Yes. You can sort all this out at the ticket center in Hohenschwangau.



http://www.hohenschwangau.de/560.0.html




|||



Thanks.





Btw the bahn.de site does give the €28 ticket price when you need a bus connection. I%26#39;m guessing it%26#39;s an error but if you use Hohenschwangau it gives a regualar fare where Fuessen is the bavaria ticket price.




|||



Bavaria Ticket is in first place an offer by the state of Bavaria, not by DB.





The RVO buses serving Füssen to Hohenschwangau are covered.





%26gt; where Fuessen is the bavaria ticket price



... they needed years to get alone that far.



And you cannot really expect that the train folks of DB would cooperate with the folks of the DB subsidiaries like RVO buses.




|||



Thanks. I%26#39;m trying to get all my notes together as I%26#39;m not sure how much internet acess we will have once we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment